Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Portrait of Pulmonary Fibrosis

I just wanted to post the "Portrait of Pulmonary Fibrosis" piece that I shared with the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation (PFF):
I'm Claire McCarthy from Rochester, NY and I'm 27 years old. As a PhD Student in Toxicology at the University of Rochester, a PFF Care Center Network site, I have become friends with individuals living with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) and their family members.
Q from PFF: What would surprise us to learn about you?

A: Before I joined the laboratory of Dr. Patricia Sime who is on the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation Medical Advisory Board for my graduate studies, I had never heard of pulmonary fibrosis.
At lab meetings and working with my colleagues, I learned about the biology of lung scarring and the statistics of survival (showing that many people only live 3-5 years after diagnosis). This helped me realize the importance of scientific research for pulmonary fibrosis; however, meeting people living with the disease and their family members is what really allowed me to understand the impact that pulmonary fibrosis has on so many people.
For example, I’ll never forget the conversation that I had with a patient with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) who had a lung transplant. I asked him, “What does pulmonary fibrosis feel like?”
I was educated about the pathology of lung fibrosis in the lab, but had never really heard about the experience of a person with IPF. He told me he was never in pain, but he would walk up three steps and have to stop. He couldn’t catch his breath or get enough oxygen. He described how his disease progressed fairly quickly, like the low level of water that rapidly spirals down around the drain of a sink.
Then he discussed his recovery after his lung transplant. He said that when the intubation tube was taken out, his first inhale of air was like a baby’s first breath. He also discussed that when he was diagnosed with IPF, he went to church and asked God to help him deal with the illness. After that, he was never afraid.
Listening to the stories of other PF patients and their family members affected by pulmonary fibrosis changed my perspective.
Now I think about more than just the science of the disease, and remember the importance of interactions between researchers, clinicians, and families.
We all need to work together to both help people with pulmonary fibrosis in multiple aspects of their well-being and develop effective therapies for this illness.

3 comments:

  1. Am Richard, I am here to testify about a great herbalist  man who cured my wife of breast cancer. His name is Dr Imoloa. My wife went through this pain for 3 years, i almost spent all i had, until i saw some testimonies online on how Dr. Imoloa cure them from their diseases, immediately i contacted him through. then he told me the necessary things to do before he will send  the herbal medicine. Wish he did through DHL courier service, And he instructed us on how to apply or drink the medicine for good two weeks. and to greatest surprise before the upper third week my wife was relief from all the pains, Believe me, that was how my wife was cured from breast cancer by this great man. He also have powerful herbal medicine to cure diseases like: Alzheimer's disease, parkinson's disease, vaginal cancer, epilepsy Anxiety Disorders, Autoimmune Disease, Back Pain, Back Sprain, Bipolar Disorder, Brain Tumor, Malignant, Bruxism, Bulimia, Cervical Disc Disease, Cardiovascular Disease, Neoplasms , chronic respiratory disease, mental and behavioral disorder, Cystic Fibrosis, Hypertension, Diabetes, Asthma, Autoimmune inflammatory media arthritis ed. chronic kidney disease, inflammatory joint disease, impotence, alcohol spectrum feta, dysthymic disorder, eczema, tuberculosis, chronic fatigue syndrome, constipation, inflammatory bowel disease, lupus disease, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, body pain, fever, hepatitis ABC, syphilis, diarrhea, HIV / AIDS, Huntington's disease, back acne, chronic kidney failure, addison's disease, chronic pain, Crohn's pain, cystic fibrosis, fibromyalgia, inflammatory Bowel disease, fungal nail disease, Lyme disease, Celia disease, Lymphoma, Major depression, Malignant melanoma, Mania, Melorheostosis, Meniere's disease, Mucopolysaccharidosis, Multiple sclerosis, Muscular dystrophy, Rheumatoid arthritis. You can reach him Email Via drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com / whatsapp +2347081986098    Website/ www.drimolaherbalmademedicine.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. After years of working in construction and smoking cigarettes,I was diagnosed with COPD and pulmonary fibrosis, i started on COPD/IPF Herbal formula treatment from multivitamin herbal cure, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for over 7 weeks, it reversed my chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, low energy, fatigue, chest tightness and others gradually disappeared. Visit multivitamin herbal cure official web page www. multivitamincare.org This COPD and pulmonary fibrosis treatment has improved the quality of my life greatly, i breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom battled with Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis for years but I am glad right now that her condition swiftly changed positively as my mom can now breathe normal as every other person after undergoing Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis herbal remedies from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC.Their website is www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete